Friday, January 8, 2010

EXCLUSIVE FIRST PIC OF JAMES PUREFOY FROM MEDIEVAL ACTION "IRONCLAD"

Since it seems this could be a year of beautiful historical movies with "Clash of the Titans", "Centurion", "Eagle of the Ninth", "Solomon Kane", "Robin Hood" and other epics, here's another thing to cheer us up - the first pic of dashing James Purefoy with his ginormous sword from a very promising medieval action "Ironclad". Premiering later this year the movie stars James Purefoy, Paul Giamatti, Richard Attenborough, Robert Carlyle, Bob Hoskins, Brian Cox, William Moseley, Jason Flemyng ...
The story is set in the year 1215 when the rebel barons of England have forced their despised King John to put his royal seal to the Magna Carta, a noble, seminal document that upheld the rights of free-men. Yet within months of pledging himself to the great charter, the King reneged on his word and assembled a mercenary army on the south coast of England with the intention of bringing the barons and the country back under his tyrannical rule. Barring his way stood the mighty Rochester castle, a place that would become the symbol of the rebel's momentous struggle for justice and freedom.
I'm happy as a kid, what about you? :))

8 comments:

  1. I am glad you posted this! Thank you. This is a movie I am really looking forward to seeing. Now Mr. Spy find us some lovely photos of William Moseley from this movie and you will have made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the title this wasn't what I was thinking about. First thing to come to mind was battleships from the Civil War called Ironclads. But, this sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) this is the first pic, but I guess we can expect some new ones soon. The only thing I'm still not sure is whether our Willie really is in this movie. He is listed at most movie sites, but I heard some rumors he's not in the film, so let's keep our fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mason, I'm glad this wasn't about the Civil war, I must admit I hate that part of history shown on film, but I adore medieval and ancient history :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no Dezmond do not worry me like that! I hope he is in Iron Clad but even if he is not I think it will be an interesting movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, knights, castles, horses, swords, stunning costumes, maybe some damsel in distress ... how can it be not good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just bring all of those swords and sandals out :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello guys, I like your blog is very interesting your subject .... I would like to receive information about this!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.