Sunday, January 29, 2012

FEBRUARY 2012 ROMANTIC FILMS: CHANNING TATUM'S "THE VOW", JENNIFER ANISTON & PAUL RUDD'S "WANDERLUST" & "PERFECT SENSE" WITH EWAN MCGREGOR

Well, you know February is the month when love is in the air, when cats start their mating games and the sales of chocolates rise to heavens (I guess it's the same with condoms too), but it seems this February won't have that much romantic flicks to take your loved ones to on St. Valentines. Here are the only three:
VOW OF LOVE
Probably the biggest romantic film of the month, the one a lot of ladies have been waiting for a long time since it has a very heartbreaking
story is THE VOW with Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams. To open in cinemas February 10th, this movie will be based on the touching true story of a newlywed couple recovering from an accident that puts the wife in a coma. The problem is that she wakes up with severe memory loss and can't remember any of her life with her new husband including his love and her love for him, he is now a total stranger to her... so he has to fight to win her heart all over again. Beside Channing and Rachel as the couple, the cast also includes Jessica Lange, Sam Neil and Scott Speedman who plays Rachel's ex fiancée who is using the situation to get back in her life.
DID YOU KNOW that the director and the writer of this film, Michael Sucsy, is currently working on another romantic story - ROSALINE about Romeo's first girlfriend Rosaline, whom he dumped in order to start the tragic affair with his Juliet.  That one will star Hailee Steinfeld and Dave Franco.


WHEN LOVE WANDERS
But if instead of carrying handkerchiefs to the cinema you prefer romantic films that make you laugh, you  probably shouldn't miss
WANDERLUST which opens in theaters on February 24th. It stars Jennifer Aniston and Paul Rudd as George and Linda, an overextended, stressed out Manhattan couple. After George is downsized out of his job, they find themselves with only one option: to move in with George's awful brother in Atlanta. On the way there, George and Linda stumble upon Elysium, an idyllic community populated by colorful characters who embrace a different way of looking at things. Money? It can't buy happiness. Careers? Who needs them? Clothes? Only if you want them. Is Elysium the fresh start George and Linda need? Or will the change of perspective cause more problems than it solves?

DID YOU KNOW that the cast also includes Justin Theroux, Jennifer's current boyfriend, whom she met while shooting this film and with whom she is apparently pregnant if we could trust tabloids :) This is the third time for Aniston to start next to Rudd after FRIENDS and THE OBJECT OF MY AFFECTION. 

THE STRONGEST SENSE
The last romantic movie suggestion for you this February is a film I've mentioned a couple of times before - PERFECT SENSE in which
Ewan McGregor has a misfortune of being paired up with the ice queen Eva Green. This unusual apocalyptic romantic thriller and drama, brings the story of two strangers, Ewan as a chef and Eva as a scientist, who form a desperate romantic connection and fall in love with each other while their city is facing an apocalyptic epidemic of sensory loss in which people lose sight, smell, hearing... one by one. Will they lose love too, without their senses?
DID YOU KNOW that the film is directed by David Mackenzie who worked previously with Ewan on YOUNG ADAM, a film mostly remembered for Ewan sporting his naked willy in at least half of the scenes :) The film hits cinemas February 10th. 

23 comments:

  1. Fun fact: they filmed Wanderlust in my town last year, and one of my friends is an extra! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ewan McGregor in anything. He elevates whatever script he's performing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's true, wish he got some better partner than frigid Eva :( Winslet would've been perfect for him in this one.

      Delete
  3. an epidemic of sensory loss??? hmmm...

    Out of these, the first tear jerker looks most my style. How heartbreaking to learn that it's inspired by a true story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is interesting that it is a true story, wonder if they have a book about it...

      Delete
  4. Getting all lovey dovey today, I see your way. I don't mind the odd one when done well. But anything with Aniston is usually junk, she is the same in every single one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me is preparing for February, the month of love, Pat, and you know that here in Europe, February is also the month when cats start their love games LOL ;)

      Delete
  5. You worked chocolate, condoms, and cats in the same sentence. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. WARNING: CHICK FLICKS ABOVE lol actually I enjoy some chick flicks but they're not my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know HOLLYWOOD SPY prefers love to horror :)

      Delete
  7. It's not an AMAZING run up of movies for valentines this year, is it? I will probably watch The Vow in cinema. It reminds me a lot of The Notebook.. (But I'm guessing it's not as good)
    Jennifer Aniston, as much as I love her, seems to play the same character in all her movies. Get's a little boring.
    I love a good British movie, probably because I'm British haha, but the last one doesn't do much for me either. Will probably still watch it though..I'm a bit of a movie geek!

    Great blog, by the way!

    GM x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THE VOW should be very nice, since the story is very romantic, my only problem is McAdams who has no acting talent and is rather irritating in the trailer with her voice and superficial acting. Wish they've chosen an actress with some depth.
      Thanks for liking the blog :) I shall pop over ASAP!

      Delete
  8. You know how Annezilla feels about romances Dezzy dear. But Perfect Sense has depth and goes beyond silly romance with the added bonus of Ewan thrown in. I'll see that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, and it seems other people share you view on romances, darling, which makes Dezzy sad :( I'm always disappointed when people will rush to watch even the most mediocre of horrors and actions, but will trash romantic films which promote love and positivity :( I'm trying to lead battle for love on film, but then number of comments today say it's a lonely battle :(

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. three nice films to remind ourselves of the power of love :) /singslikeCelineDion/

      Delete
  10. Chocolate, condoms...and cats? LOL Dez you have a way with imagery.

    All three are DVD's for me. They look all right, but I'm not a big romantic in my own life. My date and I will likely see some horror film. ;)) I know, I am a weirdo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you said it that you are, so I don't have to :PPPPPPP Just' joking. I think most men would love being taken to a horror film at their date :) You should advertise that when going hunting for gents :))

      Delete
  11. hey plz help me i want to exchange my banner with u my site url is www.fundownloadmanager.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was really happy to arrive this site.I needed to thank you for this fantastic list of films I certainly visit again thanks ..

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.