Friday, June 6, 2014

CAESAR RIDES INTO BATTLE ON NEW 'DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES' POSTER! DARREN ARONOFSKY TO ADAPT MARGARET ATWOOD'S 'MADDADDAM' SF NOVELS INTO TV SERIES! RODRIGO SANTORO IN 'DOMINION' WITH JOHN MALKOVICH, RHYS IFANS

RODRIGO SANTORO
IN 'DOMINION' PERIOD DRAMA ABOUT  POET DYLAN THOMAS
Deadline reports that 300 RISE OF AN EMPIRE star Rodrigo Santoro will join John Malkovich and Rhys Ifans in DOMINION movie about poet Dylan Thomas! To be shot in black and white, the movie will follow the last day of Thomas’ short life at the White Horse Tavern in New York! Santoro will play the bartender at the White Horse who continues to communicate with Thomas throughout the film. The famous bohemian hangout is still open in New York! Ifans is playing the Welsh poet who died at 39! You shall watch Rodrigo Santoro next year in THE 33 as well, a true movie about the Chilean miners and their accident which kept them buried under the Earth. 

DARREN ARONOFSKY ADAPTS
'MADDADDAM' SF NOVELS INTO HBO TELEVISION SERIES
In today's news on new book adaptations, Darren Aronofsky will helm the TV version of Margaret Atwood's MADDADDAM sf trilogy over at HBO! The futuristic trilogy, which consists of ORYX AND CRAKE, YEAR OF THE FLOOD and MADDADDAM, takes place in the mid-21st century, describing the events before and after a Waterless Flood that wipes out almost all of the world's population. The story follows those responsible for the apocalyptic event, and those struggling to survive in a world where corporations have taken over the government, and genetic modification of organisms is becoming increasingly popular.

DAWN OF PLANET OF APES
STUNNING NEW POSTER IS HERE!
Check out a stunning new poster for this summer's epic action DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES with Caesar leading his apes into a battle riding a horse! Coming to cinemas this July the movie will see a growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar being threatened by a band of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier. They reach a fragile peace, but it proves short-lived, as both sides are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth's dominant species. The cast includes Andy Serkis and Gary Oldman!

37 comments:

  1. Why can't us dirty humans just leave those apes alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we like to ape around too much....

      Delete
  2. DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES looks a bit different from the other films of that type. Could be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much so... I haven't watched the previous two films... but I think I might like this one since it is so very epic

      Delete
  3. Surprisingly, I have not heard of the Maddaddam series. They sound good though, so I may have to put them on my reading list, and then see the movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't either, but apparently they're huge....

      Delete
  4. Super excited about Dawn sequel. Definitely on my July list. I love HBO movies, they are such amazing quality. This trilogy sounds very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a very intense trailer for the APES

      Delete
  5. I haven't seen any of the planet of the apes movies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the Tim Burton one... it was bad

      Delete
  6. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes... I've lost track. Have they done a Planet of the Apes remake in recent years?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did like the first one, this one doesn't sound too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A waterless flood.... How exactly does that work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. politicians flood you with their greed, stupidity and ebil

      Delete
    2. Didn't I tell you never to use that word when I'm eating?

      Delete
    3. I didn't know you was eating.... Was it icecream again..

      Delete
  9. DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES looks fantastic. Loved the last one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all those apes scare me.... they're the scariest of animals

      Delete
    2. That would be politicians. Hello!

      Delete
    3. Ahahaha, Blue! You are so correct there!

      Delete
    4. A a fellow non-politician fan not yet properly brainwashed. There are so few of us left. No?

      Delete
    5. Madlen Albright and Hilary Clinton are identically looking to apes.... no offence to apes....

      Delete
  10. My hubby will surely watch that Planet of Apes ~ I am scared actually but I might be tempted to ~ Have a lovely week Dezzy ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm scared too... imagine hordes of mad apes invading our streets...... the only worse thing would be the same with rats

      Delete
  11. Hey, Dezzy. Got your comment. No real innards, just the bake cabinets that needed redone. We have this one horrid space and so far nothing has worked so I tried something different.

    Cheers and boogie boogie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember when Planet of the Apes came out. Everyone was raving about how great it was. I just couldn't bring myself to watch it. I don't want to think about apes coming to town to conquer us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, we would expect that from rats not from apes

      Delete
  13. All of this is right up my alley. I love anything based on literature or literary characters + The Planet Of The Apes traumatized me when I was a toddler. Great selection today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, those old apes movies were super scary.... mostly because of Heston....

      Delete
  14. I'm interested in Oryx and Crake and I never get sick of Planet of the Apes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Serkis does such a wonderful job with Cesare. This doesn't bode well for the humans. In the first movie they did a good job making it so the imminent demise of the human race wasn't such a bad thing. Kind of. Love Oldman in anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not that we wouldn't deserve to get destroyed by apes and other animals

      Delete
  16. It's been a long while I watched a Planet of the apes movie! Maybe I must catch up with some!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.