Thursday, December 11, 2014

EWAN MCGREGOR AS JESUS IN 'LAST DAYS IN THE DESERT' PHOTOS! 'STILL ALICE' TRAILER WITH JULIANNE MOORE! 'SAN ANDREAS' DISASTER TRAILER WITH DWAYNE JOHNSON, IOAN GRUFFUDD

EWAN MCGREGOR IS JESUS
IN 'LAST DAYS IN THE DESERT'
Today's visual treat is the first photo of Ewan McGregor as Jesus in LAST DAYS IN THE DESERT! Ewan plays both Jesus and Devil in an imagined chapter from his 40 days of fasting and praying in the  desert. Jesus is tempted by evil while alone in the wilderness with devil appearing as the embodiment of his doubt that his father doesn't love him. Ciaran Hinds plays the father of a boy whom Jesus encounters in the desert! The movie should premiere at the Sundance Film Festival!

'STILL ALICE' TRAILER
WITH JULIANNE MOORE'S OSCAR WORTHY PERFORMANCE
First trailer for you today is for Julianne Moore's drama STILL ALICE in which she plays Alice Howland, happily married with three grown children, a renowned linguistics professor who starts to forget words. When she receives a diagnosis of Early Onset Alzheimer's Disease, Alice and her family find their bonds thoroughly tested. Her struggle to stay connected to who she once was is frightening, heartbreaking, and inspiring. With Juliane Moore being one of the strongest candidates for Oscars next year, the cast also includes Alec Baldwin, Kate Bosworth, Hunter Parrish! Out next month!


'SAN ANDREAS' TRAILER
 DWAYNE JOHNSON AGAINST POWERS OF NATURE
Warner Bros. has released the first trailer for action adventure SAN ANDREAS with Dwayne Johnson which will bring disaster to cinemas next May! After the infamous San Andreas Fault finally gives, triggering a magnitude 9 earthquake in California, a search and rescue helicopter pilot (Dwayne Johnson) and his estranged wife make their way together from Los Angeles to San Francisco to save their only daughter. But their treacherous journey north is only the beginning. And when they think the worst may be over... it's just getting started. Ioan Gruffudd, Paul Giamatti, Carla Gugino and Alexandra Daddario also star!

40 comments:

  1. San Andreas will likely be silly and cliched, but a ton of fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Still Alice!!! I get so excited when a book I read (and enjoyed) becomes a movie. What a great role for Julianne Moore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't know it was made from a book, how delightful!

      Delete
  3. I'm so afraid of getting Alzheimers that Still Alice freaks me out. But it looks like a fantastic movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it sure is a super scary illness :( Here in my country most people die from heart and diabetes.

      Delete
  4. How psychologically fascinating to have Ewan Macgregor portray both Christ and the Devil tempting him! Up until now, my favourite portrayal of that particular duo was in the Canadian film "Jesus of Montreal" where Jesus is the actor portraying Christ in a passion play and the Devil is a lawyer tempting him to sell out for fame and money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this will both be Ewan, the movie should be visually striking too and very quiet and meditative

      Delete
  5. Powerful performance by Julianne Moore, albeit not a great fan of either Alec Baldwin or Kristen Stewart - who seems surly in both the acting world and in real life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now did you have to write the name of that wench? :) I deliberately didn't mention her in the cast :)

      Delete
    2. I never mention that one here... I do have a black list of people who are never mentioned here :)

      Delete
  6. That title "Ewan Is Jesus" jumped right out at me darling. I swear I'll never be able to take the Sacrament again with a straight face. When that wafer melts on my tongue I'll be thinking of Ewan. I'm going to hell for this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did I just make Bible spicier for you, dahlink? :)

      Delete
    2. Catholics are discouraged from reading the Bible as the Church would just rather have us believe their version of malarkey.

      Delete
  7. San Andreas... is the one that seems mindless and the one i need right about now. I will be hiding in the shadows for a little while, take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's actually a drawing of Jesus done by the Jehova's witnesses. On it is asks "Who is this man"? and it looks just like McGregor so someone wrote "Obi-Wan" and "he died to give Luke focus".

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The previous comment was incomplete. Wanted to Merry Christmas.

      Delete
    2. I don't celebrate, but thanks :) Still time to go till the holidays :) I will probably have a heartwarming post as usual on Christmas

      Delete
    3. I seem to have problem with my mouse and "copy/paste" function. Now the second comment is incomplete. Really frustrating! Two of my recent posts have had mistakes. I did do one on Malanie Thornton - but I've got to go back and verify a quote, that might have been a copy/paste, problem from Associated Press.
      Forgive the deletion! Is there a celebration you'd like me to write about, for you? If not - I look forward to your post!

      Delete
    4. Looking forward to reading the post on Melanie, she was the sweetest of people and I remember crying a bit when she died :(
      I will also have a Christmas baking guest post at a friend's site this Christmas :)

      Delete
    5. I always have problems with my um... mouse. It must be the tail.

      Delete
    6. you should pull it more often

      Delete
  10. Ewan McGregor makes for a horrible Jesus. They say Jesus was from the Middle East, so the blonde highlights just aren't working for me. He needs dark hair and a deep tan to pull it off. Neither of which he has here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julianne Moore is an amazing actress. She's one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She will probably get an Oscar nom and possibly a Golden Globe one this afternoon

      Delete
  12. Oh the rock!!!!! His movies are usually excellent. Besides, he is nice to look at. :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.