Sunday, December 20, 2015

JOIN THE SIMLA CLUB! 'INDIAN SUMMERS' HISTORICAL SERIES 2ND SEASON TRAILER WITH JULIE WALTERS, HENRY LLOYD HUGHES, BLAKE RITSON!

'INDIAN SUMMERS' 2ND SEASON
TRAILER FOR BRITISH RAJ SERIES
One of our favourite of the new historical dramas that TV has given us this year INDIAN SUMMERS has been given the second season trailer today by British Channel 4! It has only just finished airing its first season in USA at PBS, but the first ten episodes were aired in Europe earlier this spring and the second run is ready to heat the small screens sometime this February (if the rumours are true). The series, set in the final years of British invasion of India, depicts the ruthless machinations and political intrigues of the evil British invaders frantically trying to hold onto power. With the cast enriched by Blake Ritson, James Fleet, Art Malik as a Maharaja and Rachel Griffiths, the second season should reveal us whether India is getting a new viceroy!

JOIN THE ROYAL SIMLA CLUB  
Set in the INDIAN SUMMER of 1935 three years after the end of the previous series, ten new episodes will again circle around Royal Simla Club, owned by scheming and snobbish Cynthia (Julie Walters), which gives entertainment to the members of the high colonial society including the viceroy's ambitious private secretary played by Henry Lloyd Hughes, his sister played by Jemima West and her Indian lover played by Nikesh Patel, and his gorgeous new wife played by Olivia Grant.

19 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this show, but it sounds different. Did you ever watch it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatcha mean you haven't? I wrote about it all year long and two years before too :) I watched it this summer in a week, twas lovely and exotic. You have it at Masterpiece PBS in USA

      Delete
  2. Unusual and interesting...so far...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the first season, Philie! It showed the true face of British fascism in those regions

      Delete
  3. so this is interesting Suggest me some shows please :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the first season of this one. My fave shows this year were probably EMPIRE, BANISHED, POLDARK...

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. it was a lovely series to watch! Especially in the summer when I watched it :)

      Delete
  5. Some English people have come round to accepting that what they did in India was horrific. I haven't seen this yet as it's not on Netflix and not on Youtube yet. I've a trial of Amazon Prime going and will check to see if they have it.

    Darling, I am participating in the Analogue Paint Challenge and tomorrow will do a post saying I won't be reading blogs for the next couple months. You can ignore that statement as I will visit you. I simply could not go three whole months without you :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dahlink, I thought I sent you INDIAN SUMMERS? Haven't I? Tell me if you don't find it and I will burn it for you along with LAST KINGDOM, HOME FIRES and BASTARD EXECUTIONER :)

      Such bliss, dear, please keep to your public promise :))

      Delete
  6. Like Anne, I'll have to wait for it to hit Netflix. I'll wait until they have a few more seasons behind them though. I truly hate waiting months at a time for series to start back up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should've told me, sister, I have it in my PC. I have tons of other English series but you said you don't watch them :)

      Delete
  7. "Indian Summers" - know you've written about this series before, but I forgot. Wow! Action & drama that's scary!!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.