Thursday, December 3, 2015

TRAILERS FOR 'OUTLANDER' EPIC TV SERIES SEASON TWO AND TOM HIDDLESTON'S 'I SAW THE LIGHT' COUNTRY MUSIC MOVIE

 'OUTLANDER' EPIC SHOW
SECOND SEASON TRAILER
A treat for all you lovers of epic stuff - Starz has released the first trailer for the second season of their popular historical series OUTLANDER based on Diana Gabaldon's bestselling saga. The epic drama returns to the small screens in spring next year with Scottish warrior Jamie Fraser (Sam Heughan) and his flimsy adulteress wife Claire Randall (Caitriona Balfe) leaving Scotland to escape the tragic events that happened to them and going over to the 18th century France to seek help in their fight to win freedom for Jamie's homeland and stop the battle at Culloden.
A TRIP TO PARIS 
Judging from the trailer, the second run of OUTLANDER will bring us many glitzy settings at lavish palaces and courts of Paris, with silk swirling all around in many magnificent colourful costumes and gowns. As I reported before a number of stars has joined the new season with Stanley Weber playing Comte St Germain the main rival of Jamie's cousin who is the leading wine seller in France. Lionel Lingelser will wear the crown as King Louis XV with whom Jamie and Claire will cross paths trying to get money in order to support the Jacobite rebellion. VICIOUS star Frances de la Tour will play Mother Hildegarde, woman who comes from an aristocratic and well-connected family. When Claire begins volunteering at L'Hopital des Anges, she encounters and soon earns the respect of Mother Hildegarde. Andrew Gower will be Prince Charles Stuart who wants the throne, while Margaux Chatelier will play an old flame of Jamie's.



 'I SAW THE LIGHT' TRAILER
 WITH TOM HIDDLESTON
The second trailer for you today brings us lots of hiddlelove... and the singing type of it too! Tom Hiddleston's first trailer for I SAW THE LIGHT which is out next March telling the story of the legendary country western singer Hank Williams, who in his short 29 years of life created some of America's most popular music. The film chronicles his meteoric rise to fame and its ultimately tragic effect on his health and personal life.

28 comments:

  1. Oh, you're spoiling me today, Dezzy! My Rare One and I are big fans of "Outlander" and enjoyed the first season tremendously. Looking forward to Season 2! And the trailer for "I Saw the Light" looks great -- Our Tom has got that southern accent down pat! The movie itself did not get super reviews after its showing here in Canada at TIFF but Our Tom's performance in it did get raves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did? I had a lukewarm reaction to it. Wanted to like it, and I did watch it whole, but the lack of any chemistry between the two of them just left me yawning often. I did like the other half of the season better than the first part which was all over the place and lost. I think Lotte Verbeek should've played Claire instead of playing the village witch :)

      I truly need to marry Tomzie one of these days...

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I know you thought Outlander was slow but that's how I like it. Mini-series, I mean!

      And as for Our Tom -- I'll gladly be the Best Lez at your wedding!

      Delete
    3. now we only have to inform the groom LOL

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure about Outlander. I loved the first half of season 1 but then it took a turn for the worst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the opposite :) The first half was confused and without focus and the second half saw the upgrade in production, direction, even hair and costumes and cinematography. Even both of them looked prettier in the second part.

      Delete
  3. I was almost named Hank because my dad liked either him or his son. I can't remember which.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My stepdad worked for Hank Williams Jr. for 13 years, so I know he'll want to see this movie about his dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope he will enjoy it... although it's dark, so maybe not

      Delete
  5. I know a lot of people who are loving the Outlander series. Now, Loki in a cowboy hat ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, ladies love it... it is a mediocre series at its best, but still watchable when there's nothing else on programme :)

      Delete
  6. I was just thinking about Outlander today. Fingers crossed this season is a little better than last. I think the lavish settings will at least hold my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I expected the first season to be visually lush, due to all the green hills and nature in Scotland, but there weren't many pretty shots in it after all... the director lacked vision. Now, this one might be a bigger visual treat... we shall see, we shall see

      Delete
    2. I completely agree! I wanted to see more of the countryside too, but it was just meh...

      Delete
    3. like fog and grey nature all around

      Delete
  7. Not interested in neither of them. Thanks for the keeping us up to date though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a country music fan, but I'm willing to see a well-made movie about a singer. Outlander looks pretty, but then I read the mixed reviews in the comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you might like it, since most of the ladies seem to like it. I'm more strict when it comes to shows and movies

      Delete
  9. My Dad will definitely want to watch the Hank movie! I loved Outlander......I actually first read about it from your blog and I have to say I am excited for the next season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope he will like it! I don't know any of his songs

      Delete
  10. I've enjoyed watching some of the episodes of Outlander. It'll be interesting to see some of the lavish settings planned for this next season. It'll be a contrast to the dreary Scottish countryside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is what I think so too! And hope there will be more supporting characters, because Claire is boring to bits

      Delete
  11. I Saw The Light looks like a real downer.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.