Tuesday, July 12, 2016

PREMIUM SPOTLIGHT ON 'BEN HUR' REMAKE WITH CHARACTER POSTERS STARRING JACK HUSTON, RODRIGO SANTORO, MORGAN FREEMAN, TOBY KEBBELL

'BEN HUR' EPIC REMAKE
 CHARACTER POSTERS ARE HERE!
We've been experiencing the biggest possible drought when it comes to movie news, people, and not just because it is the beginning of a week, so the only thing the spy has for you today are the new character posters for the remake of BEN HUR with Jack Huston! It should chariot its way into cinemas around the world from August 19th!

A PRINCE AND A SLAVE
Sticking to the Lew Wallace's classic novel, the rather cheap looking remake of the famous epic adventure movie BEN HUR follows a nobleman, Judah Ben-Hur (Jack Huston), who is falsely accused of an assassination attempt by his childhood friend and adoptive brother Messala (Toby Kebbell). Stripped of his title, separated from his family and the woman he loves (Nazanin Boniadi), Judah is forced into slavery. After years behind galley oars at sea, Judah returns to his homeland to seek revenge, by challenging his adoptive brother in a grand chariot race while being forever changed after a series of encounters with Jesus of Nazareth.

RODRIGO SANTORO IS JESUS
In other roles, Morgan Freeman plays Sheik Ilderim, a sheik who trains Ben-Hur to become a charioteer to take revenge on his brother, Messala! Rodrigo Santoro portrays Jesus Christ! The story of Jesus Christ is told parallel to the one revolving around BEN HUR! Santoro received personal blessings from Pope Francis for his role of Jesus. Nazanin Boniadi appears in the film as Esther, a Jewish slave and the love interest of Ben-Hur! Sofia Black D'Elia plays Tirzah, Ben-Hur's sister, with Ayelet Zurer as Naomi, Ben-Hur's mother. As you know the cast was massively downgraded when Tom Hiddleston and Gal Gadot, the original choices for Ben and Esther,  opted not to play in the movie, which is directed by Russian helmer Timur Bekmambetov.

24 comments:

  1. I am so feeling this drought! It seems like this has been one of the worst summers for new film. We've only been to the theater twice and don't have too many more plans to go before the girls head back to school next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. summer is usually always a dead time in movie news business :( I swear, if I hadn't took up posting on UK television as well, I'd be without posts like half a year :)

      Delete
  2. I can't believe I'm looking forward to this one as much as I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. even though they didn't give the role to Hiddlestud?

      Delete
    2. Well, he can't be in EVERY MOVIE, no matter what I want.

      Delete
    3. yes, he seems to be starring only in Snaylor Twift's movie these days.... oh, how terribly he has fallen and degraded himself in matters of just weeks... Never have we seen someone humiliating and downgrading oneself that horribly :( Sometimes I sit in the shadows of my room and cry after his shame :)

      Delete
    4. The heart wants what the heart wants, they say. I'm trying to remain positive and trust in his usually good judgment. I'm sure she has hidden depths.

      Delete
    5. Debs, how can there be heart when it comes to Snaylor? It's all marketing for her, and Hiddles needs to cover up he's gay so he agreed. He needs to marry Luke Evans pronto and let me be their Dezz Of Honour :)

      Delete
  3. Looks great...but Charlton Heston is unforgettable...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A strange remake but will it be good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've no idea, I'm slightly offended by the cheap trailer and cheap posters, and the casting is annoyingly misplaced and bad, but I'm not the one to ever miss an epic spectacle :)

      Delete
  5. I was sorely tempted to see this movie until I realised that real horses were used in the chariot race. That's not okay, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and more than 35 horses to be more precise :)

      Delete
  6. Hi, Dezzy,

    I am so surprised they are remaking this one. How could anyone improve on the Heston version. It was pretty spectacular. Funny that that version was a remake, too. One of the few I think is brilliant!

    Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're remaking everything, Mikey, before you know they might remake you too :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. 'tis usually the summer graveyard for movies :)

      Delete
  8. I won't watch it in the cinemas, I think...

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, neither, I'll leave if for torrent download

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.