Wednesday, April 21, 2010

OCEANS OF PANDORA IN "AVATAR 2" - SAYS JAMES CAMERON

If you thought "Avatar" couldn't get any more blue, you were mistaken. According to the big boss himself, the sequel to the most successful movie of all times will dive deep down into the oceans of Pandora. Here's what James Cameron said to "L.A. Times" about the next movie in the "Avatar" series:
We created a broad canvas for the environment of film. That's not just on Pandora, but throughout the Alpha Centauri AB system. And we expand out across that system and incorporate more into the story, not necessarily in the second film, but more toward a third film. I've already announced this, so I might as well say it: Part of my focus in the second film is in creating a different environment, a different setting within Pandora. And I'm going to be focusing on the ocean on Pandora, which will be equally rich and diverse and crazy and imaginative, but it just won't be a rain forest. I'm not saying we won't see what we've already seen - we'll see more of that as well.
It is expected that "Avatar II" will premiere sometime in 2014.

11 comments:

  1. To make this more realistic they're going to have someone from each theater in the front spraying water bottles at the crowd during the ocean sequences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's fine with me, as long as they don't release some fishy smells into the cinema.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm there! Hey, he has great experience with filming underwater after his work on The Abyss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, Alex, as if we expected you wouldn't be there :PPP Yes, I think he just wants to use his old resources :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait if the first Avatar is anything to go by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, Wendy dearest, when shall you publish a new post over at your blog? :)) Having a break over in Kiwiland? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2014? eh. I thought it took like 12 years to do the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This picture of Cameron is hilarious! :)
    As for "Avatar"'s sequel, I'm pretty sure the oceans of Pandora will be even more fascinating and beautiful. Can't wait to dive into it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yep, Answer, but I guess they now have all the basic material and the already built foundation, and plus, I'm sure they've already made half of the material they will use in the sequel.

    Neb, I've been waiting to use that picture in some of my posts for a long time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I laughed a lot when I saw that picture - blue face and gray hair.. what a contrast! I bet, even James Cameron himself will laugh hysterically if he sees this photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Cameron has made this picture himself :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.