Monday, August 2, 2010

JON HAMM AND JOE MANGANIELLO MIGHT BE THE NEW SUPERMAN. DEL TORO MIGHT DO "PARADISE LOST". NEW "NARNIA: VOYAGE OF THE DAWN TREADER" POSTER

Ah, you know it, it's the boring uneventful Monday in film news, but I've managed to secure at least some updates. First, there's a new poster for the fantasy adventure "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" revealing the ship itself. Coming out this December the film will follow the young Pevensies and Prince Caspian on a trip across the sea aboard the royal ship The Dawn Treader. Along the way they encounter dragons, dwarves, merfolk, and a band of lost warriors before reaching the edge of the world.

Last week the new casting mystery started when Zachary Levi said how he would like to be a new Superman, but new rumors coming from Warner Brothers and Legendary Pictures say that the producers of the new "Superman" movie are actually going for someone a bit more older. Apparently the studios are seriously considering Jon Hamm from "Mad Men" as the possible actor for the role of Clark Kent and Superman. Beside Levi and Hamm, another candidate for the role is hunky Joe Manganiello from "True Blood".

"FirstShowing" has revealed some rumors about Guillermo del Toro possibly directing the adaptation of famous "Paradise Lost" by Milton. The whole buzz begun when Legendary Pictures started giving away shirts depicting their new projects and their respective directors during the ComicCon. Beside a shirt with "Xerxes" and the name of Zack Snyder all over it, there were also shirts with the artwork of a conquistador called El Guerrero and del Toro's name on the back. A brand new mystery for us :)

24 comments:

  1. The dragon looks like a ride we have at 6-Flags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, Avalon, and I almost thought you came to comment on the Superman news :))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the most boring posters for one of the longest titles film I've ever seen :)
    Hopefully they have a good film here, coz if not then this will be the last we see of the Narnia series for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with everything you've just said here Jaccsy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. I do hope the Narnia films sell well enough to keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man! my kids and i love narnia! the books are amazing!
    i liked that other guy.. the levi one for superman... he seems funnier. i think the superheros would be better if they had more humor... seriously, they're guys in spandex- they shouldn't take themselves so seriously! *last two spiderman movies- whiny, boring, self-indulgent superhero- blech!*

    ReplyDelete
  7. we shall have to wait and see when it comes out this December.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Vics
    I agree with your ingenious thought that superheroes shouldn't take themselves too seriously since they wear spandex :))))))) I also didn't like SPIDERMAN 2.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hamm could work if we are taking Superman in a different direction, older reflecting on his life choices. He has the appeal and he can do funny! It would be nice to see the lines blurred of a hero, especially Superman. I mean he isn't from this planet, let's see more undertones of this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't say I'm a big Superman fan, Batman's the way to go. But if they are going for older, it might be the same sort of thing as they did with the new Batman's. That would be worth watching. Thanks for the updates Dez.

    -Bryan
    www.sff-hub.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the idea of an older side of Superman. I didn't see the latest version of this series, but either of these guys would be refreshing. Maybe a darker movie...I'd like that.

    Michele
    Gothic Lit today at SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete
  12. My, del Toro is busy!
    The Dawn Treader is exactly as I pictured it, too. Hope they do this one right. Be a shame if the remaining four books never become movies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It'll be weird seeing those Narnia kids so grown up!
    I love del Toro...

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Ellie
    he could be like Gerge Clooney or Michael Keaton while playing Batman

    @Bryan
    oh, I hope no other super hero will ever be similar to Nollan's Batmans, because I really can't stand his movies (don't ask why, it's just my thing)

    @Michelle
    a refreshing we do need!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Alex
    oh, yes, I almost forgot you're a fan of Narnia :)

    @Lydia
    they're not that grown up, at least not from what we've seen in the teaser trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Either Jon or Joe would make a snazzy superman. They're good actors not to mention handsome. Although it would be strange seeing Don Draper as Clark Kent...

    ReplyDelete
  17. yep, they've certainly got the looks for it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love the art for el guerrero. narnia is cool too.
    what's up, sir? how you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Despite the movie poster I'm looking forward to seeing the new narnia :)
    And the new superman

    W.I.P. It: A Writer's Journey

    ReplyDelete
  20. DEZMOND - I loved the Narnia book when I was younger - couldn't get enough of them. Of course the movies haven't been the same - my kids have enjoyed them though.
    And holy hotness. Is that body for real? Are ya kidding me? Wow, excuse me for the drool (of course I'm still speaking about the Narnia poster LOL). =D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love to see Jon Hamm as the new Superman/Clark Kent!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Still disappointed they are recasting Superman... and what's a Narnia poster without Prince Caspian on it???? FRONT AND CENTER PLEASE...

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Ed
    glad you like it, dear Ed. Oh, don't ask, I'm swamped with work this August and I'm not sure I'll survive it without physical and mental consequences :)) How about you?

    @Lynda
    hey, Lynda welcome to HOLLYWOOD SPY ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Shells
    yes, yes, I get what you mean, it's a really amazing trunk with curves in just the right parts .... :)))))) (of course, I'm also speaking about the Narnia poster LOL) ;p

    @Kristin
    we can only hope that they will give us some prince Caspian in some new posters :)

    @Anonymous
    glad you like the news ;)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.