Monday, September 19, 2011

TRAILER FOR "THE SON OF NO ONE" WITH CHANNING TATUM & AL PACINO. EVANGELINE LILLY TRAINS ARCHERY & SWORD FIGHTING FOR "THE HOBBIT"! ALEXANDER SKARSGARD, JOSEPH GORDON LEVIT & RYAN GOSLING IN "THE MAN FROM THE U.N.C.L.E."

 A new project around which young stars are fighting in order to get the lead role, is the movie remake of the 60's TV show THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. As "MovieWeb" reports the story is based on a pair of agents from the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement who are regularly tasked with protecting the planet from the evil forces of Technological Hierarchy for the Removal of Undesirables and the Subjugation of Humanity (THRUSH). The stars fighting for the lead role are Alexander Skarsgard, Ryan Gosling and Joseph Gordon Levitt. The film will be directed by Steven Soderbergh.

SHORT HOLLYWOOD HEADLINES
One of the new shows which we shall watch in the future will be a TV adaptation of this year's blockbuster SOURCE CODE.
The CBS show will be based on Jake Gyllenhaal's film which followed federal agents who use special technology to jump into the consciousness of people involved in tragic events. While promoting her new film REAL STEEL with Hugh Jackman, Evangeline Lilly has talked a bit about her role of Elven girl Tauriel in Peter Jackson's THE HOBBIT saga. Although nothing is known about the character, which isn't in the book, Evangeline has revealed that beside studying Elvish she is currently also learning how to be an archer, a swordsperson and how to fight like an elf, which means that she might take part in some of the big battles in the film. 

Here's a new trailer for action film THE SON OF NO ONE which features a rather strange combination of Channing Tatum,
Juliette Binoche, Ray Liotta, Katie Holmes
and Al Pacino in the cast. Based on the book by Dito Montiel, the story of the movie follows a young cop (Channing Tatum) who is assigned to a precinct in the Queens neighborhood where he grew up. To provide for his wife and ailing daughter, he works hard to keep his life on track. But this life is threatened when a dark secret bubbles to the surface. An anonymous source reveals new information about the unsolved murder of two boys and a possible police cover-up, setting off a chain of events that rattles the neighborhood.The trailer is extremely confusing.

35 comments:

  1. The Son of No One does have a very eclectic cast. It's like someone threw a bunch of actors names and just picked them while casting.

    And I think Alex Skarsgard should get the lead in the first mentioned movie. But Gosling will probably get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, I'm shocked you would put Alex in the film :PPPP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd watch Alexander Skarsgard in pretty much anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know, the trailer for Son of No One was okay. It will probably be a very tense movie. Love Juliette Binoche. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So another remake, and a tv show based on a movie. This is just sad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Protecting the planet from the evil forces of Technological Hierarchy for the Removal of Undesirables and the Subjugation of Humanity - I used to do that.

    Is THE SON OF NO ONE any relation to the Man Without a Name?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting trailer. Not sure about it but I have always loved Pachino.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh god, peter jackson made up some more b.s. just to get a hot girl in the movie! makes me so made i could kill and eat a hobbit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I vote for Joseph-Gordon Levitt. I'm kind of over Alexander and Ryan. Too many blonds out now. Besides I think JGL is the best actor of the three.

    This trailer sucked. Honestly, I could care less about this because the story sounds completely cliched.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man from UNCLE is so sixties. I loved that show when I was a kid, but I'm not so sure about the movie version.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  11. not so sure about the *uncle* movie version man..

    Lets follow each other i'd so love to interview u in my blog

    chuchu-chulala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosling for the Win!!!

    Happy Monday Dezzy

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Dirty
    same old, same old in Hollywood

    @Doralynn
    oh, you did? Maybe we met, I used to do that as well. Vigilante business always gives you hands full of work :)

    @Clarissa
    it is unusual. I'm just not sure why are so many actors acting in cheap crime films these days

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Edmund
    don't eat Hobbits, eat Orcs, Edmund, they more nutritive :P Peter had to do it, since a film could not work with no female characters in it. THE HOBBIT book is rather childish and fairy talish, and by adding new characters they wanted to give it depth and more dimension.

    @Melsy
    yep, the story is like some TV movie :( And it's true that, although not the prettiest, Hewitt is the best actor among those three.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know if I want to see it, but I do like Pacino's line "A man's got to learn to live with it."

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Lee
    I thought you might have seen the original, Lee :P

    @Chulala
    well, I didn't notice you following me :)

    @Scott
    Happy new working week to you as well, Scottie! Hope Brighton is bright today

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Libby
    I haven't noticed that one, but it sounds smart :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. They're making a series of Source Code? Could be interesting.
    No 'Worst Movies Ever?'

    ReplyDelete
  19. It could be interesting, yes?
    Well, I don't do bloigfests especially not the negative ones, but I can tell you that two of the most horrid films I've ever seen are DARK KNIGHT and I'M NOT THERE :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay, I love Evangiline Lily. That Hobbit sounds like something to get excited about.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I didn't know they were doing a Man from U.N.C.L.E.- cool. Hum who should get the role...?

    ReplyDelete
  22. THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E. sounds like where MEN IN BLACK was ripped off. I'd say Joseph Gordon-Levitt or Ryan Gosling on that, though.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am a big fan of anything with former lost stars in it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thought you did a couple last summer.
    I loved Dark Knight. Christopher Nolan is a top notch director. Can't wait for the third movie. The eye candy of Christian Bales doesn't hurt either.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I dunno about SON OF NO ONE. I've seen all of Dito Montiel's movies and think he's a refreshing filmmaker, only because his style is gritty location shooting the way it was done in the 1970s. This new film looks abit too busy for me and Channing Tatum is being asked to contend with seasoned pros, which is a pretty big asking.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dezzy - Evangeline Lilly looks totally HOT. Maybe I should dye my hair black?!

    ReplyDelete
  27. @Jessie
    yep, you must not miss THE HOBBIT when it comes out next year :)

    @Holly
    'tis a tough question :)

    @Josh
    I knew you would go for one of those two :P

    @Budd
    Lilly especially I reckon :P

    ReplyDelete
  28. @Diane
    I did, in old times ... but, alas, those days are gone ... :(
    Yes, I know that certain people like DARK KNIGHT, but to me it was the most shallow, morbid and visionless movie ever. A horrid torture, with some really bad and misplaced acting and the director himself brought nothing bad the trend of dark, pointless and evil films to cinemas.

    @Movies
    I've never seen any of his movies, but I had a feeling you might have :) Yep, it's true about Channing, but the same goes for Katie Holmes. And Al Pacino. I never liked his acting.

    @Shells
    she really is pretty. She is also a writer and is currently writing a book for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow! That Son of No One really does have the most interesting mash-up of characters. And I'm glad to see Evangeline Lily's gettng work. I liked her very much on L O S T. Love love love! fellow Baton Rouge native, Soderbergh! I'm sure TMFU will be fantastic. :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
  30. than I'm glad you will be happy to hear that, as I said in previous comment, Evangeline is also a writer :) and she is currently writing a book for kids while shooting THE HOBBIT (the shooting with last for a whole year on and off)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I almost didn't recognize Lily in that picture, wow she sure is Elven girl material. Can't frigid' wait for The Hobbit!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. she has some really great photo shoots, she was born to be a model :) Has that clean and healthy beauty

    ReplyDelete
  33. I sure hope this Lily character isn't too important.i have nothing against her but I like my favorite book to be turned into movie that isn't far from the book.

    the son of noone looks like a good movie

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.