Thursday, November 24, 2011

STUNNING PICTURE OF MONSTRUOUS APE FROM SF EPIC"JOHN CARTER"! KEN WATANABE TO PLAY COLONEL IN "AKIRA", PAUL DANO & RAMI MALEK IN THE RUN FOR TETSUO! PICTURES FROM RIDLEY SCOTT'S SF EPIC "PROMETHEUS"

 One of the upcoming movie adaptations which is losing the interest of the audience ever since the casting begun is definitely AKIRA, the sf movie version of popular manga. After losing
some of the big names like Justin Timberlake, Brad Pitt, Zac Efron, Ryan Gosling, Michael Fassbender, Chris Pine and Keanu Reeves and hiring Garrett Hedlund in the lead role, the producers have now lost Gary Oldman (who will probably accept the role of Merlin in ARTHUR & LANCELOT) in the role of the Colonel, which is now being offered to Ken Watanabe. Seems like a doomed project. The story centers on Kaneda (Garrett Hedlund), the leader of a futuristic biker gang who tries to rescue his friend Tetsuo from some military experiments. The role of Tetsuo has also been refused by a lot of actors from James McAvoy to Robert Pattinson and now the producers are apparently choosing among some rather unknown young actors from Paul Dano, Alden Ehrenreich, Michael Pitt and Rami Malek (THE PACIFIC). To make things worse, one of the female roles has apparently being offered to Kristen Stewart and Keira Knightley and I don't know which one is worse.

HOLLYWOOD SPY SF NEWS
Another super mysterious sf project, which is keeping it's plot a secret, is Ridley Scott's sci fi epic PROMETHEUS and "MovieWeb" has posted today the first pictures from the film which
will appear in next week's "Entertainment Weekly". As you can see these are the first images of the space ship crew and of the intriguing giant human head in the middle of the space. As you know the film has quite an interesting cast including Michael
Fassbender
(who plays an android in the movie), Charlize Theron, Patrick Wilson, Guy Pearce and Idris Elba and they all star in the story which is connected to Ridley Scott's famous sf classic ALIEN and it is apparently some kind of its prequel. Titled
PROMETHEUS, apparently after the name of the spacecraft used by the space crew, the long awaited sf spectacle should hit cinemas next summer in June in the middle of the blockbuster season.

A spectacular new photo from Walt Disney Pictures upcoming sf epic JOHN CARTER has been released today by "Entertainment Weekly" showing the lead star Taylor Kitsch with some ginormous mega scary Martian ape monster. Pretty powerful, I must admit. One of the most anticipated films in recent few years, JOHN CARTER is still extremely mysterious and with only four months before the premiere of the project, which according to rumors cost almost $300 million, we have seen almost no pics,
no special posters, just one, extremely non-revealing trailer, and no marketing, no buzz, no hype. No one knows what is happening, maybe they are preparing some huge campaign in last few months before the premiere? However, the film deserves all the possible hype since not only that it is directed by amazing directorial genius Andrew Stanton, who brought us classics such as WALL-E, FINDING NEMO, A BUG'S LIFE, but it also features the most amazing cast including Polly Walker, Lynn Collins, Mark Strong, Willem Dafoe, James Purefoy, Ciarán Hinds, Bryan Cranston, Dominic West, Thomas Haden Church, Samantha Morton...Click to read more on the plot.
PS Don't forget to read the interview with Samuel Park bellow and join the giveaway

31 comments:

  1. John Carter looks really good, hopefully it is as good as the hype. Not so sure on Prometheus as not overly enthused on prequels and the first truly does sound doomed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dezzy! Some movies are actually as good as their hype but not always. Have read similar comments to yours re Akira. Guy Pearce is really coming into his own with all that rugged Aussie-ness.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. john carter is obviously the most appealing one from this batch, at least for me, it exactly my kind of movie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Prometheus looks amazing and of course, Taylor is incredible in John Carter. I am dying for that movie to come out and this trailer just makes me want to see it even more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Akira is indeed doomed,what kind of movie will it be,all characters still have Japanese names and played by Caucasian....and finally a Japanese comes because someone refuse the role? ow please!!!

    John Carter looks interesting. Will see PROMETHEUS trailer before deciding whether to see it or not

    ReplyDelete
  6. Niceee this is cool. Cant wait to see that. Anyone interested in TECHNOLOGY updates please check out my blog trying to get some comments lol. Anyway great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrew Stanton has an incredible portfolio. A real gentlemen :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like some good sci-fi is coming our way.


    Lee
    A Faraway View

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still excited for JOHN CARTER. I really hope they do it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know how you do it, but you've always got the coolest stuff on here! From your pictures to your posts - you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm interested in PROMETHEUS! boo hoo, I can't see the film clip. I do like Taylor; he will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the look of the sci-fi Prometheus. What did the producers do to ruin the Manga?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always something awesome to watch every time. I keep saying to myself that I should watch them, yet every time I either forget or don't have time to actually watch it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. rami malek how is that??

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really don't want to get onboard with John Carter....but I bet it is excellent

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Pat
    I'm with you Pat, I'm also hyper interested in JOHN CARTER, which is my most anticipated film of 2012 beside THE HOBBIT, and I'll probably watch PROMETHEUS only for Patrick Wilson and Fassbender

    @Denise
    ah, Guy Pearce is one of the best of your actors :) He's been here in Serbia last winter shooting a new sf film in Belgrade, and I wish I stalked him then :)

    @Tony
    I totally agree with you, Tony, JOHN CARTER for the win :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Melsy
    I'm dying to see it too, I hope they will give us some mindblowing pics, posters and a new trailer soon, I want a humongous hype around this one, especially with that director, that genre and that cast

    @Novia
    I'm still not sure if they will really use Asian names in the actual film, they will probably change them since the film is set in USA.

    @Lizard
    I'll pop over to your place ASAP :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Chip
    this is his first live action film, and I'm super excited to see if he will paint it with the same magic as he painted his animated films

    @Arlee
    and we do love us some good sf, don't we? ;)

    @Josh
    I'm extremely excited about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Abby
    he he thanks for thinking me is awesome, my lady :))) My precious... :)

    @Ella
    it should be an exciting sf film :)

    @Clarissa
    guess it was a doomed project from the start

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Rgers
    ah, that's the sad truth of our lives :(

    @Peeps
    what wrong with Rami, he is actually my favourite from that list, and I generally adore him, he is always so charming, warm and nice. Loved him in WAR IN THE HOUSE sitcom, PACIFIC and THE NIGHT IN THE MUSEUM

    @Lurk
    it is indeed, sir

    @Scottie
    ah, more room for me on board then :) I'm surprised, though, I thought you love most of the cast, and the sf factor too

    ReplyDelete
  21. They should've kept their hands off Akira. What's there to improve anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, Prometheus (love the cast for that one) and John Carter look amazing. I have no idea what Akira is. :(

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey! Thanks for checking out my tech blog I really do appreciate it! Anyway Happy thanksgiving and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. they better change it...or it will look terribly wrong

    ReplyDelete
  25. @RCB
    nobody knows the answer on that question :)

    @Luanne
    it is an interesting cast, isn't it? Patrick and Charlize also star together in YOUNG ADULT this year, that should be a good drama too.
    And I've no idea what Akira is either :) I never really understood manga and anime

    ReplyDelete
  26. @Lizard
    be welcome, I'm a total idiot when it comes to technology, but I'm always there to give support :)

    @Novia
    we shall keep our fingers crossed or whatever the Japanese do in that situation :))

    ReplyDelete
  27. PROMETHEUS should be interesting. I like the cast.

    And of course I fell in love with JOHN CARTER the first time I saw that trailer. Wow oh wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I know you're excited about JOHN CARTER almost as much as I am, Lyndy :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Uncle Dezzy...in honor of PROMETHEUS , My mommy made a new movie poster of me.Please take a look and tell me what you think of it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'll pop over ASAP with some lettuce :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.