Wednesday, August 8, 2012

"DA VINCI'S DEMONS" TO BE AIRED IN 200 COUNTRIES! STARZ MAKING "VLAD DRACULA" SHOW & "INCURSION" SF SERIES! NEW SYFY SHOW "HIGH MOON"! ABC TO MAKE "ROMEO & JULIET" SHOW!

Good news for all you epic show lovers: one of our most anticipated epic series DA VINCI'S DEMONS, which will be aired at Starz in eight episodes next year, will also be simultaneously aired on stunning 200 channels
 around the world thanks to Fox International. It will beat the record of THE WALKING DEAD which is aired in about 130 countries within same week. The tentpole series portrays a young Leonardo da Vinci in Renaissance Florence as a brilliant 25-year-old artist, inventor and swordsman. Produced by famous David Goyer, the fantasy historical series will have Tom Riley playing the inventor and stunning British actress Laura Haddock as Lucrezia Donati, the mistress of Lorenzo Medici and lover of Leonardo da Vinci. That, isn't the only future project at Starz, beside a number of epic shows which are in production currently (Read more about them in our special spotlight - Michael Bay's pirate show BLACK SAILS, exotic HAREM and adventurous MARCO POLO), they are also preparing a sf show INCURSION from
the creator of SPARTACUS Steven S. DeKnight. Thea sci-fi action thriller will revolve around a group of soldiers caught in a war against a hostile alien race. Each season of the potentialseries will be fought on a new, exotic planet as humanity inches deeper into enemy territory.
VLAD DRACULA
Starz is also preparing VLAD DRACULA (not to be mixed with NBC's DRACULA show which will have Jonathan Rhys Meyers in the lead role), described as a unique spin on the classic tale and a blending of historical facts of the 15th century Prince of Wallachia with the fictional character Dracula. The potential series would trace the character's evolution from a revered ruler to the world's most feared vampire and his slow downfall as he struggles to hold on to his humanity, wife and kingdom. The project is produced by J. Michael Straczynski who wrote THOR, UNDERWORLD and BABYLON 5.

SHORT TV HEADLINES
In other TV news, "The Hollywood Reporter" writes that SyFy has ordered a pilot from PUSHING DAISIES scribe Bryan Fuller. Titled HIGH MOON, the 90 minute pilot centers on a future where the countries of the Earth establish colonies to mine the Moon's resources, only to see chaos erupt when new forms of life are discovered. The story is the adaptation of John Christopher novel "The Lotus Caves".
Meanwhile, beside a number of ROMEO AND JULIET movie projects, we will get a TV one too: according to "Vulture" McG (TERMINATOR SALVATION) is preparing ROMEO AND JULIET primetime show for ABC that will focus on two feuding families in Venice, California.

59 comments:

  1. Some awesome shows coming. I haven't read Angels and Demons but my sister loves it. And I would like to see how they do Romeo and Juliet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what do ANGELS AND DEMONS have to do with this post? :))
      Hope they won't ruin ROMEO AND JULIET by making a reality set soap out of it

      Delete
  2. DaVinici's Demon's sounds interesting but I think The Walking Dead will still beat it in ratings...just my opinion of course - may be because I'm a huge fan of The Walking Dead =PP

    I really like the sound of Incursion. That is right up my alley.

    Starz is really stepping up their game with all their new series! I love it! I can't wait to see what they do with Vlad Dracula. I love that they are using a mix of history and myth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starz is my fave too, they brought back epic to TV and I will forever love them for it :)
      INCURSION is exactly what TV has been missing!

      Delete
    2. You know what makes me really upset is that Netflix stopped carrying Star shows. I'm going to be missing a lot of good programs but I won't cave in and buy cable telly.

      Delete
    3. you always have Torrents, darling, that's how the rest of the world does it :)

      Delete
    4. Do you know I just discovered Torrents... =)

      Delete
    5. oh, lord, you've no idea what kind of blessed discovery it is :) Just keep it a secret, I hear it's forbidden business over in your kingdom :)

      Delete
  3. Incursion might give us a decent sci-fi series to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really might, especially having in mind the amazing creator of the show

      Delete
  4. Romeo has one nice butt in that picture you posted. I'm looking forward to Starz's offerings. Gotta love me some Spartacus. Yeah, you know why. ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. knew you would notice that one :P
      We do love everything Starz gives us!

      Delete
  5. Nice rear, Romeo! I wonder who that guy is in real life. You could bounce coins off those cheeks quite nicely. ;)

    Sorry, I really should compose myself and be better behaved here. I'm terrible, I know.

    All these series sound really good to me. I hope I get to see all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first thought I had when seeing that lovely bum.

      Delete
    2. @Melsy
      it's a famous ballet dancer Roberto Bolle and he's very Olle Olle :) Google him sister. And we'd better bounce ourselves off them, not some undeserving coins :PPP

      Delete
    3. @Annzie
      yes, Annzie, we know you are almost as naughty as Melsy and me are :)

      Delete
  6. The Da Vinci program-definitely. I really didn't think anyone could ever break Top Gears record for number of countries to air in.

    I was about to so NO MORE DRACULA until I saw JRM's name and then I went Oh yeah, give me some Vlad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i got that wrong JRM is in the other Dracula program. so no more dracula unless it has a sexy irish actor in it.

      Delete
    2. MERLIN holds current record with almost 190 countries or something like that, and yet, it's not aired in my stupid country :( We're always the last in such things. Can't wait to hear casting choices for all of these new shows, exciting!

      Delete
  7. I really love Romeo and Juliet I dont know why but love !:)
    Hey Dez why you dont stopping by at Pat now??
    I miss you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holla, Gloriacita.
      You won't see me there anymore, he and I are no longer friends :(

      Delete
    2. What? No longer friends? That can't be right? When did that happen?

      Delete
    3. No one ever tells me anything these days! I prance aound in my bat suit for a couple of days and when I return as my own blue self.... what do I find? :CCCCCC

      Delete
    4. @Gloria - Gloria, dear... you can give me that cake now that I was sure I wouldn't like.

      Delete
    5. it is sad, Gloria, but it's not my fault...

      Delete
  8. Oooh I love that photo of Romeo and Juliet! I don't know his name but that beautiful man is a Ballet dancer I think, he's absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's Roberto Bolle, Flixy :) You can find his full nude pics if you Google him :) Just saying..... :)

      Delete
  9. I'm really looking forward to Da Vinci's Demons, and I like the sound of Vlad Dracula too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. a romeo and juliet tv show? I wonder how it will end... lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not so intrigued by another Romeo & Juliet, but DA VINCI'S DEMONS sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's should be a smash hit! Hope it will look expensive!

      Delete
  12. wow, that is one fine back side! *fans self* I just have to say, thank you. My day is now complete.
    Interesting, I hadn't heard of the two new Draula series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. always here to make your day complete, sister :)

      Delete
  13. OK, I'm sorry, but I have to LOL! at that photo of R&J. That is one doctored derriere, ne? ;p

    And wow, more Dracula? It seems the vampires still have bite. OK, I'm just feeling silly. These are great updates! Hope you're well, Dezzy! :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope, it's his real bum, he's a ballet dancer :) Roberto Bolle, Google him :)

      Delete
  14. Romeo looks half naked with those tight tights.

    High Moon sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. insert butt cheeks jokes here... look away, just look away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, I gotta serve my ladies too :)

      Delete
    2. serve them drinks... not rump roast.
      that sounded funny in my head. it's cracking me up... that too.

      i know, i know... ladies rule!

      Delete
    3. rump roast? I know you're a zombie, but me is a vegetarian, we only serve eye candy and a veggie or two (when we're naughty).

      Delete
  16. Wait. I just found out Harem will be an adaptation of Muhteşem Yüzyıl. I'm SO checking it out when it's out.

    It looks like Da Vinci's Demons and Romeo and Juliet will be interesting too, but I don't know how I'll find the time to watch them if I do end up liking them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, it could be the best show ever, epic and exotic :)
      Those shows will probably have ten episode seasons, easy to fit throughout the year :)

      Delete
  17. Why must everything always be overdone? Vampire movies and shows get thrown at us like people getting egged on Halloween. Now they are are throwing Romeo and Juliet at us? Le sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, but these DRACULA shows won't really be like the vampire films we have so much these days, since they will be period set and epic :)

      Delete
  18. I'll pass on Incursion, Davinci Demons and that Dracula stuff...not a huge fan of Sci-Fi programming. However, High Moon sounds like it might be work a look and I'd even be willing to check out that Romeo and Juliet program, just to find out how ABC spins such an age-old and rehashed story.

    My bets are on High Moon! :)

    ~Nicole
    Blog: The Madlab Post
    @MadlabPost on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my bets are on all of those, love me epic and sf, but HIGH MOON should also be nice, although it's SyFy channel, so we better not raise our hopes up :(

      Delete
  19. Ok, every last bit of that could be really, really good, or really, really bad. Fingers crossed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I promise, I am not disappearing again...I just have to work TWO MORE SHIFTS and then I am free to catch up!!!!

      Delete
    2. it will be all good if they don't make it like that horrid CAMELOT flop they did last year ;( It was horrible.
      Don't worry, Mel, I also schedule my time for appearing here since I also work ten hours a day :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.