Saturday, May 24, 2014

'THE GIVER' LOIS LOWRY'S SF MOVIE ADAPTATION CHARACTER POSTERS ARE HERE WITH MERYL STREEP, JEFF BRIDGES, BRENTON THWAITES, TAYLOR SWIFT, ALEXANDER SKARSGARD

'THE GIVER' POSTERS ARE HERE!
 MERYL STREEP, ALEXANDER SKARSGARD, TAYLOR SWIFT AND  BRENTON THWAITES
Your visual treat for today are new character posters for upcoming big screen adaptation of Lois Lowry's bestselling science fiction novel THE GIVER showing Jeff Bridges as The Giver, Meryl Streep as Chief Elder, pop star Taylor Swift as Rosemary, Brenton Thwaites as Jonas, Odeya Rush as Fiona, Cameron Monaghan as Asher, and Alexander Skarsgård and Katie Holmes as Jonas' father and mother.

THE STORY OF 'THE GIVER'
 RECEIVER OF MEMORY
Set for August 15th release, the movie depicts a seemingly perfect community, without war, pain, racism, sickness, suffering, differences  or choice, in which a young boy is chosen to learn from an elderly man about the true pain and pleasure of the real world. As the 12-year-old Jonas (Brenton Thwaites) is selected to be the Receiver of Memory he uncovers the truth behind his world's past, and discovers that many years earlier his forefathers gave up humanity in order to have a stable society. Confronted with this reality, Jonas faces difficult choices about his own life and his future.

'THE GIVER' TIDBITS
HELMED BY PHILLIP NOYCE
The $25 million movie is directed by Phillip Noyce the helmer of legendary THE QUIET AMERICAN drama with Brendan Fraser and Michael Caine. Taylor Swift was offered the role of Rosemary a week after a Los Angeles concert in which she was completely unaware that the film's makers were in the audience.The lead star Brenton Thwaites is appearing in a number of huge upcoming fantasy projects - he plays the prince in Angelina Jolie's MALEFICENT and will also play the lead role in Ancient Egyptian epic GODS OF EGYPT next to Gerard Butler and Geoffrey Rush!

30 comments:

  1. Is that a wig on Swifts head? That's my big question, as I can't watch the video from this computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she dyed her hair for this role.

      Delete
    2. I looked it up after I commented. From everything I read and saw, it's a wig.

      And if it's true, I wonder what stopped her from committing to the role and really going for it, rather than putting a mop on her head.

      Delete
    3. yep, if it's a wig it's a really fake one :) But maybe she has a very small role in it...

      Delete
  2. The Giver Great movie , and great trailer i want to see this .
    Cheers .

    ReplyDelete
  3. My word, THE GIVER, sounds intriguing and what a great cast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Giver was an excellent book - let's hope the movie is as good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a trailer for this today when we went to see Divergent. If Taylor Swift was in the preview, I didn't even recognize her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that she doesn't appear in this trailer, but I'm not sure, the girl is rather unfamiliar to me since she is not that big outside USA

      Delete
  6. Dark and moody...like me before my morning coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm like that even after my morning black tea :)

      Delete
  7. I will have to read the book before the movie comes out.

    So, if you ever get to interview from the Red Carpet, I am going to be your date so I can wear a fancy dress. We would rock that carpet, you and I. We would be the 2 most fabulous people there ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course we would :) I actually got a few invitations for the premieres over the years as HOLLYWOOD SPY, not for big movies but still some nice ones, but I'm not in USA so nothing happened....

      Delete
    2. Awe, that's too bad you couldn't go, but so very cool to get the invites. Maybe some day it will pan out and you can attend!

      Delete
    3. fingers crossed, although I wouldn't hold my breath :)

      Delete
  8. Never heard of it but it does have something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope it doesn't disappoint, although I myself do not watch YA movies

      Delete
  9. This does sound intriguing. Great trailer makes you wonder what is missing. The cast looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to see this movie! I loved the book. Funny- I was wondering if it would ever be turned into a movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. then it will be double fun for you to watch it

      Delete
  11. I might make an exception on this one as I like to watch Streep and Bridges work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do love Meryl, dear, and we bow to her!

      Delete
  12. Finally something to look forward to. And it'd better not be superficial...

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.