Monday, February 15, 2016

ANIMALS GO GAGA IN FIRST 'SING' ANIMATED MOVIE TEASER WITH MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY, SCARLETT JOHANSSON! HBO TO MAKE 'LAWRENCE IN ARABIA' TV SERIES! BAFTA 2016 FASHION REPORT!

  'LAWRENCE IN ARABIA'
TELEVISION SERIES AT HBO!
Here's another period set series for us! 'Deadline' reports that HBO and the producers of SONS OF ANARCHY are making LAWRENCE IN ARABIA series based on Scott Anderson's bestseller Lawrence In Arabia: War, Deceit, Imperial Folly And The Making Of The Modern Middle East! It will be chronicling the adventure of T.E. Lawrence, David Hogarth, William Yale, and Rudolph McGovern as they dangerously navigate the burgeoning Arab Revolt in the Middle East in the years leading up to World War I. A few years ago, there were talks of turning LAWRENCE OF ARABIA into series but we haven't heard anything about it later on.

BAFTA 2016 AWARDS
RED CARPET FASHION REPORT
Did you watch British Film Academy Awards last night? You can check out some of our fashion pics from the BAFTA red carpet. It seems everybody opted for black, red or feathers as you can see on Cate Blanchett, Laura Haddock, Emilia Clarke and Alicia Vikander. Can't say I'm liking it!

FUNKY 'SING' TEASER
 IS BASICALLY ANIMAL X FACTOR!
To cheer up the start of the week, here's the funky first teaser trailer for this Christmas' animated movie SING! Matthew McConaughey is Buster Moon, a koala whose once-bustling theatre is on the skids and who comes up with a plan to revive it: by holding a singing contest that’s open to everyone and boasts a $100,000 prize. Naturally, it draws the talented, the not-as-talented and the William Hungs of the animal kingdom. Among the top contestants are a crooning, conning mouse (Seth MacFarlane), a teenage pachyderm with stage fright (Tori Kelly), a wiped-out sow (Reese Witherspoon) with a Duggar-like brood of piglets, a wanted gorilla (Taron Egerton) looking to escape his family’s felonious past and a punk-rock porcupine (Scarlett Johansson) trying to break free from an overbearing boyfriend. Got all that?

20 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm the first commenter.
    Boy, SING's got a star studded cast doesn't it?
    Is Cate wearing fur? I hope not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some kinds of feathers, methinks, I don't like the trend! I have a feeling everybody will wear black at the Oscars too and ugly asymmetric hairdos too

      Delete
  2. Lawrence of Arabia is fascinating stuff, but I think I'll pulling for "SING'S" snail. He's good.

    Yuck- that was red carpet fashion? Count me out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Tis Lawrence IN Arabia, not OF :) that is the catch!

      Delete
  3. Lawrence of Arabia is fascinating stuff, but I think I'll pulling for "SING'S" snail. He's good.

    Yuck- that was red carpet fashion? Count me out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Tis Lawrence IN Arabia, not OF :) that is the catch!

      Delete
  4. Alicia at least looks like she's trying something high fashion of the three. Cate seems to be trying to promote a horror role with that dress. Was Laura spliced with a fat angry raven?

    Oh my God the Sing trailer was fabulous. Before I was so against this movie but now I'm so in. Can't say the same for Trolls. That trailer was even worse than my suspicions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura gave birth to a baby with Sam Claflin only a month ago so I'm guessing that is why she is wearing tummy covering gowns. I haven't liked Cate's style in a long while now.

      Delete
  5. I don't like feathers in fashion. Feathers belong on birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lawrence in Arabia? Interesting. I remember seeing Lawrence of Arabia, and it was... long...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this ain't the same, the difference being in that lil' preposition :)

      Delete
  7. It's about time Lawrence "in" Arabia got looked at with some fresh eyes. Could be good. But "SING" looks terrific already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if they really do it, there were numerous plans to make LAWRENCE OF ARABIA series and they never happened later on

      Delete
  8. I don't watch award shows anymore...I do miss the beautiful fashions, though. I just don't have an interest in watching a bunch of people working in a field I don't work in giving each other awards. I was obsessed with it when I was younger, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped watching them too a few years ago when they became a mockery by giving awards to undeserving people. This year is mostly the same. I just cover the red carpet, but even that is getting worse and worse each year. Gone are the days when we were constantly amazed by Catherine Zeta or Winslet at the red carpet

      Delete
  9. I never watch the awards shows, but I did tune in to the Grammy show this year because I was sick on the couch and nothing else was on. I asked Jason if we were just getting old because I didn't know who half the people were who were performing or winning awards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't either, especially some rappers. Whenever that bland Taylor is the star of the show I fell like music has gone to hell ... it is either sluts or bleached out mediocre wannabes :( Even Gaga's performance was crap, although hats down for her for doing it for her idol.

      Delete
    2. I agree. I was not impressed with Gaga either. I was hoping for something spectacular after her Superbowl performance, but I zoned out shortly after her set started. I read somewhere that music from the 80's is currently outselling today's artists. Music surly has gone to hell over the past decade or so!

      Delete
    3. I expected something massively futuristic since she announced it would be a revolutionary performance technology wise, but it wasn't. Still I was disgusted by Bowie's son who mocked her on Twitter. Uncaught bastard, a lady pays tribute to your freshly dead father and you mock her??? Primitive sod he is.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.