Sunday, September 4, 2016

SITCOM SUNDAY: KEVIN JAMES' 'KEVIN CAN WAIT' AND JOEL MCHALE & STEPHEN FRY'S 'THE GREAT INDOORS' AT CBS, TIM ALLEN'S 'LAST MAN STANDING' 6 SEASON RETURN!

'KEVIN CAN WAIT'
 AT CBS WITH KEVIN JAMES!
To cheer up your Sunday, the spy is introducing you to the comedy shows we will be watching this new season, because, in case you haven't noticed, September has already crept upon us! Starting Monday, September 19th over at CBS is multi camera sitcom KEVIN CAN WAIT in which Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets!  His dream is jeopardized when he discovers that Donna, his wonderful wife of 20 years, has shielded him from key family info while he worked overtime protecting the community.



'LAST MAN STANDING' 6TH
SEASON WITH TIM ALLEN!
Over at ABC our favourite multi camera sitcom for the sixth year now Tim Allen's LAST MAN STANDING returns to rule its Friday night slot from September 23rd, now well over the total of more than 100 episodes!  Allen's Mike Baxter is facing many changes in the family, from his older daughter who has bought her first house with his son in law, to his middle daughter who is getting married with his assistant, to his youngest daughter who will move out to pursue a music career. His wife (Nancy Travis) is, meanwhile, facing a teacher strike in Denver, while Jay Leno will guest star in the new season as well as the mechanic in Mike's company Outdoor Man. And you can, of course, expect Mike's political comments on presidential elections and everything that is bothering a simple man in a politically correct world!




'THE GREAT INDOORS'
STEPHEN FRY & JOEL MCHALE
Another new multicamera sitcom to start over at CBS this season, October 27th, is THE GREAT INDOORS! Joel McHale stars in this insightful and timely comedy about a renowned adventure reporter who has spent his life exploring the edges of the earth. Now that he’s taken a desk job in the digital department of the magazine, he must adapt to the times and his new world. He’s struggling to grasp the lingo of online click-bait and listicles, but his real challenge is in understanding his staff of millenials who write about the great outdoors but never actually set foot outside. Acting legend Stephen Fry will play Roland: an outdoorsman in his own right and founder of the magazine! 

22 comments:

  1. I'm interested to see what Kevin missed out on while he was working. It was nice seeing familiar faces here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, especially in a family atmosphere, something we all need more

      Delete
  2. "The Great Indoors" looks somewhat fresh and funny. I just hope all the best gags weren't in the trailer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let us hope so, I must admit, Fry and McHale aside, I did not like the acting of the rest of the cast one bit in the trailer :(

      Delete
  3. I'm looking forward to all the above, the great indoors does look promising ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your family would probably enjoy Last Man Standing too, because it is a very warm and beautiful family comedy

      Delete
  4. I have to admit I watched a lot of the Kevin Can Wait trailer, but that's because I'll never see the show and I needed a Monday morning wake up chuckle or two. Some good one-liners, but that's what all the sit-coms have. Oh well, now I need some good books to read during the long, dark nights that are coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A sitcom a day keeps the doctor away :) I organize me a sitcom evening every week, it is very good for the health, if you ask me... especially the warm, multicamera family ones

      Delete
  5. Kevin can wait sounds interesting. I'm not a big comedy person. Mainly watch dramas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to have me a sitcom evening once a week, it is extremely relaxing and soothing :)

      Delete
  6. Jason isn't a big Kevin fan so I am not sure we'll be catching that one. Last Man Standing, definitely! I don't think I have too many tv shows I am looking forward to this fall. This Is Us starts next week I think, and I just added it to my tivo. Also, Emerald City, but I think there's still time before that one starts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emerald City starts beginning of January. Last Man Standing should be really fun this year, can't wait for him to start trashing that bitch Clinton :)

      Delete
    2. Yes! This year's election should make for some awesome comedy bits on the show.

      Delete
    3. I wonder if his wife will vote for Hilary :)

      Delete
    4. If she does, I am glad she's a fictional character. Don't get me wrong, I HATE both of our choices, but the idea of Hillary for 4 or 8 years makes me sick.

      Delete
    5. if I remember correctly Vanessa Baxter did support Clinton bitch in one of the old episodes and Mike ridiculed her for it :) Their obnoxious oldest daughter also votes Clinton, methinks

      Delete
  7. I need a time machine so I have more time to watch more tv!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. these are a quick watch, since they all last about 21 minutes per episode :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. he is one of the last of the golden comedians

      Delete
  9. Lots of comedians are up to things! :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.