Wednesday, May 3, 2017

SPOTLIGHT ON 'BRITANNIA' EPIC TV SERIES WITH KELLY REILLY, DAVID MORRISSEY AND STANLEY WEBER WITH FIRST TRAILER

FIRST 'BRITANNIA' TRAILER
FOR THE NEW EPIC TV SERIES
Something epic for you today: Sky Vision has finally released the first trailer for their upcoming historical ten part series BRITANNIA and I cannot say I'm thrilled by it, I wasn't amazed by the camera angles in it, it is confusing and chaotic, lacks in visual attractiveness and casting Zoe Wanamaker in a Roman Era set series is still ridiculous to me, but I'm willing to give it a go! To air sometime this year is stars Kelly Reilly as Celtic Princess Kerra, the fearless and strong minded daughter of Pellenor, King of the Cantii. Her independent streak puts her at odds with her family, but when the Romans invade, she will have to choose between her own feelings, her tribal duty and the demands of the druids.

CELTIC QUEENS AND DRUIDS
Sky's most ambitious drama ever, it's packed with action and emotion and is set in 43AD, when BRITANNIA was a country ruled by powerful Druids and warrior queens, it follows the reluctant rise to power of Kerra (Kelly Reilly), the daughter of the King of the Cantii. When the Romans invade Britannia, she and her arch-rival Queen Antedia (Zoe Wanamaker) are forced to put their differences aside to face their invaders. Meanwhile, rogue Druid Divis (Nikolaj Lie Kaas), the only one who foresaw the Roman invasion, finds an unlikely ally in 12-year-old Cantii girl Cait (Eleanor Worthington Cox) in his quest to defeat Rome.The Romans are led by General Aulus Plautius (David Morrissey), who is determined to succeed where Julius Caesar failed and conquer this mythical land at the far edge of the Roman Empire. He is a strong and resilient leader, however, he is harbouring a deep secret. During the series, he will have to take on the dangerous Celts, hold together his fearful and reluctant army, and confront his own personal demons. As tribes and Druids unite to fight the Romans, Kerra is thrust into the most important role of her life as she spearheads the resistance against the might of the Roman army. Also starring: Hugo Speer, Annabel Scholey, Julian Rhind-Tutt, Ian McDiarmid and Stanley Weber.

13 comments:

  1. This was on Facebook, a couple of weeks ago.,

    I can't wait for it to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm willing to give it a go! We need us a Roman Era Britannia series

      Delete
  2. This was on Facebook, a couple of weeks ago.,

    I can't wait for it to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do they have a page there?

      Delete
    2. I have had the trailer and pics from Britannia on my fan page on facebook for over a month now

      Delete
    3. well. thanks for not informing us :)

      Delete
  3. Hmmm- not sure. I can understand what you mean about the camera angles. I hope it ends up being great!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is very chaotic and doesn't give a nice angle on scenes but I hope the final result pleases me.

      Delete
  4. I agree that those camera angles are a bit distracting. Let me know what you think once you start watching. I tried to get My Cousin Rachael on my digital library, but they didn't have it available. I'll have to put a hold on the actual book at the library so I can give it a read soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our friend Fanny read it a day after me and she read the whole book in ten hours :) I loved it, but I thought the very end was sort of an anticlimax. I do think Sam and Rachel will be amazing in the film

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. sorry to hear it, Dezzy must watch everything historical

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.