Wednesday, November 29, 2017

BBC ANNOUNCES MINI SERIES ADAPTATION OF 'CHRISTMAS CAROL' BY TOM HARDY & STEVEN KNIGHT & CARIBBEAN SET 19TH CENTURY DRAMA 'THE LONG SONG'

  'A CHRISTMAS CAROL' 
BBC TO START ADAPTATIONS OF CHARLES DICKENS' CLASSICS
You've seen first pics from their new period set drama The Miniaturist yesterday, and today we have more news coming from BBC who are now
It will be the first of a series of Dickens' adaptations
looking to adapt a series of Dickens' works beginning with A CHRISTMAS CAROL which will be adapted into three part mini series by Tom Hardy's production house, Ridley Scott and Steven Knight of Peaky Blinders. The story of Ebenezer Scrooge, the miserly cold hearted boss, who is visited by four ghosts from the past, present and the future, on a freezing Christmas Eve, and must face up to how his self interested, penny pinching behaviour has impacted his own life and those around him, leaving him in a paranoid bubble of fear, will air on Christmas 2019! This Christmas, meanwhile, will see The Miniaturist and new Little Women mini series airing on the small screens in Britain.

  'THE LONG SONG' 
BBC TO MAKE 19TH CENTURY JAMAICA SET MINI SERIES
BBC One has also announced a three part adaptation of Andrea Levy’s epic and award winning novel THE LONG SONG about the dying days of slavery
The book was shortlisted for Man Booker Prize
in Jamaica. It follows a strong willed young female slave July on a Jamaican plantation in the 19th century. She is a natural survivor, who begins her story as a slave, but ends it as the mother of a gentleman. Told from July’s perspective as she looks back over her life, the tone is funny, defiant and indomitable. Above all, it’s a powerful story about love and survival, with vivid set pieces of social unrest and turmoil, and characters who change and develop in unpredictable ways. It’s also a story about the injustices which humans inflict upon each other, and the unexpected ways in which people’s humanity sometimes overrules their prejudices.

12 comments:

  1. I bet "A Christmas Carol" must be the world's MOST adapted story -- there are just endless productions of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and yet I've never seen one :)

      Delete
    2. I'm amazed! Are you deliberately boycotting it?

      Delete
    3. no, it is just that the story is known only in AngloSaxon countries. Dickens is not overly big around the world as he is in English speaking realm. Russian and French classics are more popular worldwide.

      Delete
  2. Looks like another Christmas Carol adaption for Jason to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. remind him to be happy in two years time :)

      Delete
    2. what are you buying him for Christmas this year? :)

      Delete
    3. I think I am getting him new workout shoes. I'll probably get him new headphones for his birthday as well. He's back to hitting the gym, so I want to encourage him to keep going with the gifts I buy. I did get him a few shirts on clearance that he knows about since he picked them out last month. He bought me a dress at Disney for my birthday. I have nowhere to wear it to, it's not a practical dress, but I love it so much I'll wear the damn thing to the grocery store if I have to.

      Delete
    4. we must see the dress on a photo! We really rarely see you in dresses, you usually wear woollen sweaters :)

      Delete
    5. I'll tweet you a pic of the dress. It's a summer dress so I won't be wearing it for another 5 months or so. I do love chunky sweaters. As you know, I love to be warm!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.