Monday, November 16, 2015

SPOTLIGHT ON LAVISH EPIC TV SERIES 'VERSAILLES' AND STUNNING NEW CAST PHOTOS WITH GEORGE BLAGDEN AND ALEXANDER VLAHOS!

'VERSAILLES' EPIC TV SERIES
STARTS AIRING TOMORROW!
The latest of the lavish historical series to come to us this Autumn is English language French saga VERSAILLES which starts airing its ten episodes this Monday in France and Canada, and later on at BBC2 and worldwide with our deeply beloved George Blagden replacing Viking furs in order to put on the lace, silk and royal frills as the Sun King! The biggest budgeted French series ever has been greenlit for second season even before the airing of the opening one! The second season will start a few years after the first run and will depict the peak of his absolute power when he already learned how to rule and manipulate with his royal subjects.

THE GILDED TRAP
 Versailles, 1667. Louis XIV was 28 years. In order to impose his absolute power over his nobles he began to transform the palace of VERSAILLES... as a trap. The young king, haunted by the trauma of the uprising which saw nobles rebelling against the monarchy,  reveals extraordinary, Machiavellian and manipulative political strategy. He "invents" the royal palace of VERSAILLES to keep in it the nobles of Paris, keep them under his control, and gradually make the castle a gilded prison. The series also shows him as a man capable of romantic passions, but is real love possible when you are the greatest king of the world? Historical and fictional characters, from the most prominent ones to the most humble servants of the king courtiers, guide us through a world of betrayal and alcove secrets, political manoeuvring and declarations of war, revealing VERSAILLES in all its glory and brutality.

GEORGE BLAGDEN LEADS THE GORGEOUS CAST
Beside stunningly charismatic and delightfully lovely George Blagden as the King of France who ruled for 72 years, the cast also includes equally magnetic Alexander Vlahos (MERLIN) as his brother Monsieur Philippe Duke of Orleans (who was raised by their mother almost as a girl so that he wouldn't overshadow his royal brother, but at the battlefield he proves himself as a formidable warrior), Dominique Blanc plays Anne of Austria. George Webster is William of Orange, while Evan M. Williams is Chevalier de Lorainne, Grand Duke's lover.

43 comments:

  1. I wonder if they'd also strike a pose if that fire were real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow on French TV...I will be there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tell us how it was, Phil! I will wait for torrents without French dubs :)

      Delete
    2. Modern (!), a bit confusing at the begining but beautiful!

      Delete
    3. that is what I expected it would be, Philly! French scripts are often a bit confusing, but always very sensual! I'm all in the French mood this Autumn with VERSAILLES and the new album from Maitre Gims :)

      Delete
    4. You'll enjoy in this case...
      Cheers,

      Delete
  3. I love the effect of her dress being on fire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those were GIF photos in which the fire was really burning, but I had to turn them into posters :)

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad we have moved into more comfortable fashions over the years. These outfits look dreadful to wear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure do, but they also seem to cover up everything ... at least the men's fashion :) I always imagine them things were very smelly.... imagine having to wash all those beads, frills, lace.... I don't think they ever did....

      Delete
    2. Ugh! I never even thought about how they laundered them! I feel sorry for the maids of that time. What a friggin hassle! Too bad Febreeze wasn't around back then!

      Delete
    3. they probably washed just the linens... I myself have tons of cardigans and sweaters that I almost never wash :) because I wear white shirts or Tshirts under them so they never really get dirty nor smelly. You know that even to this day the producers of jeans say denim doesn't neccesarilly need to be washed ever!

      Delete
    4. I have heard that about the jeans, though I do prefer to wash mine regularly as I'm sure dead skin cells get in them. Plus, my dogs like to slobber on my legs when I'm cooking dinner. Blech! I definitely don't wash my sweaters after each use, as I also wear camisoles and tanks under them. No need to wear them out faster in the wash unless absolutely necessary.

      Delete
    5. they do say they've invented jeans so that you can just wipe it with a wet sponge and air if they really smell :) So that original cowboys wouldn't need to wash them.

      Delete
    6. What is all this talk about smelly jeans and lace? Eeew!

      Delete
  5. Looks like they spent a gazillion bucks making that series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was about 30 million euro per first season

      Delete
  6. More than the story, the wardrobes are amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never get caught up in historical series like these, but seeing beautiful shots of Versailles would be enjoyable.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they might even have jugglers over at Versailles :)

      Delete
  8. Looks very French! Will there be English subtitles for those of us who are not fluent in French?

    ReplyDelete
  9. From the trailer it looks as if this one is going to live up to my expectations. Such costumes and settings-gorgeous. I do so wish we had architecture like that 'round here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would probably like my city then. I'm waiting to see if they will torrent them with or without French dubs, I want them without it, and then I will start downloading :) I have one more episode of BASTARD EXECUTIONER to download because I know you like Kurt Sutter :) And I'm also downloading LAST KINGDOM.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.