Thursday, February 25, 2016

UNSETTLING 1ST BBC 'TABOO' EPIC TV SERIES TRAILER WITH TOM HARDY! TYLER SHERIDAN IS STEVEN SPIELBERG'S 'READY PLAYER ONE'! CW'S MARS SF SERIES CASTS CARL BEUKES

'READY PLAYER ONE
SPIELBERG CASTS TYLER SHERIDAN FOR THE LEAD ROLE
And it seems Steven Spielberg has found his lead youngster for the movie adaptation of Ernest Cline's cult sf novel READY PLAYER ONE: young Cyclops from X MEN movies Tyler Sheridan will apparently play Wade Owen Watts, a poor orphan who spends most of his time in a massive online game and virtual society whose currency is the most stable in the very troubled world. Like other players, Wade wants to solve a puzzle hidden in the game by its creator, as doing so supposedly unlocks access to a mind-blowing fortune. Olivia Cooke and Ben Mendelsohn have been cast already.

CW'S MARS SET SERIES
CASTS CARL BEUKES AND OTHERS
In TV news, I've recently announced that CW is preparing a Mars set sf series and now they are gathering cast:  Mouzam Makkar, DOMINION's Archangel Gabriel Carl Beukes and Tongayi Chirisa will play the team of explorers sent to Mars to join the first human colony on the planet, only to discover that their predecessors have vanished. Led by a woman whose husband is among the missing, the colonists are forced to change their mission from exploration and settlement to investigation and survival, while navigating the hostile planet and their own personal demons.

'TABOO' EPIC TV SERIES
TRAILER WITH TOM HARDY IS HERE
The first trailer has been released for Tom Hardy and Ridley Scott's historical series TABOO, BBC and FX eight part drama to air next year. Set in 1814, it sees Hardy playing James Keziah Delaney, a man who has been to the ends of the earth and comes back irrevocably changed. Believed to be long dead, he returns home to London from Africa to inherit what is left of his father’s shipping empire and rebuild a life for himself. But his father’s legacy is a poisoned chalice, and with enemies lurking in every dark corner, James must navigate increasingly complex territories to avoid his own death sentence. Encircled by conspiracy, murder, and betrayal, a dark family mystery unfolds in a combustible tale of love and treachery.

36 comments:

  1. "Taboo" looks like a suitably robust role for Tom Hardy. Seems like there's a lot of Victoria grotesqueries too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indeed, he wrote the series himself with his father, so no wonder it is so dark and morbidly gritty. He is one of the biggest spreaders of darkness in Hollywood methinks

      Delete
  2. Wow! That trailer made the hair on my arms stand up. I think it is going to be very intense and very good. Mars sounds interesting also.
    Thanks DEZ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what title will they come up with for the Mars series

      Delete
  3. I just recently watched a movie with Tyler Sheridan in it. He's quite the young actor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they say he had some important roles. Never seen him in anything, myself, methinks

      Delete
    2. I've not seen him in anything either. The only thing I know about X-Men, is what you post here.

      Delete
    3. and that does not happen all too often since we tend not to do superheroes :)

      Delete
    4. I haven't seen any of the superhero movies and I'm sick of them.

      Delete
    5. I only watched GREEN LANTERNS for obvious reasons :) it was like a spa for my eyes I thought I died and went to mossy green heaven with Ryan Reynolds as supreme shirtless God

      Delete
  4. I have to admit, Taboo looks like something I would enjoy although it is dark.

    I may not be around much till next week as I've loads of painting to do for the Challenge and we've got nice weather this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. have fun, dear, we currently have a cold wave. It was 20*C on Monday and zero last night. All the flowers are peaking out. And there's currently a very strange mix of snow and rain falling outside. It was an Autumny winter here this year, tons of rain

      Delete
    2. It's been like that here this week. The only things I have peaking out are the bluebells and the hyacinths.

      Tomorrow I will be moving the protective leaves from my beds.

      Delete
    3. we had snow in the morning and then sunshine in the afternoon, go figure :) Our leaves are still on, because as my people say ya never know when will that ugly old hag Martha show her teeth :)

      Delete
  5. Not the best pic of Tyler. Looks like he has resting pout face. Any worse and it would be the 'b' one. But congrats on getting the starring role. Taboo looks insane. For a moment I forgot it was a BBC/FX show and wondered when it was coming out in theaters. A must see for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not find a better one, he doesn't have tons of photoshooots and most of his pics are from younger days. He does have a very strange face, kinda mean and evil, could be better for villain roles.

      Delete
  6. This is my first time hearing about any of these. Thanks for sharing. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is because Dezzy is always the first one to inform the crowds :)

      Delete
  7. Doesn't CW just do Supehero shows now? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Superheroes and sf is their new game. And female lead history

      Delete
  8. I am not much into video games, but Ready Player One sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Taboo looks interesting, with some good eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he did those scenes dick and butt nekid :) you can find the pics around the net

      Delete
  10. These are good news, thanks so much for sharing!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been a long time since I watched a show produced by the CW network but I like the concept of a television series that is set on Mars...or any other planet besides earth, for that matter. It's cool when writers and producers expand their imaginations to explore worlds outside of what viewers are used to seeing on screen.

    That TABOO TV series looks like it's going to be hot! I just saw Tom Hardy in THE REVENANT and his acting performance was good in that movie. I haven't paid much attention to his career much but he seems to be a talented actor.

    Also while I'm unfamiliar with the novel Steven Spielberg's adaptation is based on, I am usually, if not always, willing to watch just about anything he touches. I didn't even know he was working on a new movie, so it will be interesting to see how this particular project develops.

    ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Mars series will be based on that Indian legend of the whole tribe that went missing just like that, Raanoke or something like it.

      Hardy sure is talented. I personally don't like the fact he always plays maniacs and very violent people. I preferred his early British career.

      Delete
  12. You always post such fantastic trailers!! Have a great weekend Dez!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure do :) Wish we had them good ones every day, but Hollywood ain't always good to us

      Delete
  13. I'm just waiting for the inevitable "But the book was so much better" for Ready Player One.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.