Sunday, June 19, 2016

LAVISH NEW PHOTOS FROM PERIOD SET SERIES 'THE LIVING AND THE DEAD' WITH COLIN MORGAN AND 'VICTORIA' WITH JENNA COLEMAN, RUFUS SEWELL!

'THE LIVING AND THE DEAD
BRINGS BACK COLIN MORGAN!
Picture treats for you this Sunday, spylings, since we've got new photos from some of the upcoming period set television projects, starting with the most delicious of treats coming from BBC One which is bringing us our most deeply beloved Colin Morgan, be steady our hearts, to the small screens with his new Victorian series THE LIVING AND THE DEAD ready to start airing Tuesday June 28th! With Merlin's director Alice Troughton behind the helm the six part supernatural mini series will also star Charlotte Spencer.

VICTORIAN THRILLER  
Somerset 1894. When the death of his mother brings Nathan Appleby (Colin Morgan) and his vivacious young wife Charlotte (Charlotte Spencer) back to the family estate, they must turn the farm’s fortunes around – or risk ruin and the devastation of the local community. Though the farm and its future demand their attention, when a vulnerable teenage girl is brought to Nathan, seemingly possessed by a terrifying spirit, he cannot leave her to suffer. A pioneering doctor, Nathan has worked at the forefront of the emerging science of psychology and is an expert in mapping the dark places of the mind. He believes there is always a rational or scientific explanation to be found for life’s mysteries; though Harriet’s case is disturbing, he must use every psychological technique he has to find a way to cure her, to free her from this terrible burden. But what if Nathan is wrong, and it isn’t an illness of the mind? Could Harriet actually be haunted?


'VICTORIA' NEW PHOTOS
ARRIVE FROM THE COURT!
Also coming over from the British Isles, are gorgeous new photos from ITV's leading series in the upcoming Autumn season VICTORIA showing the ruthless enslaver Queen Victoria (Jenna Coleman) at her coronation and frolicking around on horses with her prime minister Lord Meloburne (Rufus Sewell). The lavish eight part epic drama will chart the young tyrant’s life and loves. It follows the Queen from her accession to the throne at 18 through to her courtship and marriage to Albert, played by Tom Hughes

30 comments:

  1. I love thrillers and I enjoyed studying the Victorian era during my college years. This is the first time I've heard about Colin Morgan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whaaaawhat? I've written about him billions of times! We're one of his biggest supporters from the beginning of his wonderful career

      Delete
  2. COLIN MORGAN. OMG, I need a towel. I'm drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing how much Queen Victoria became so important for someone with almost no power.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We seem to be hearing an awful lot about that nasty Queen Victoria lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon it's because of Brexit, them Brits are voting whether to exit Europe or not (as if we would cry after them if they do) and these imperialistic freaks such as Vicks do strengthen their national spirit or shall I say - arrogance :)

      Delete
    2. I don't know what they will do. However if they leave the value of both the Euro and the Pound will decrease which means I can buy my mini's cheaper from them. A loss for them is a win for me :0)

      Delete
    3. What are mini's, dear?
      Hope they don't eff it up for us too, everything circles around euro here, even I get paid in euro!

      Delete
    4. Mini's are the figures I paint dahlink.

      It's hard to say what will happen. The British press can't be trusted and each side just lies and lies. Right now the dollar is weak compared to the euro and the pound.

      Delete
    5. maybe we should all move to China and get paid in yens :)

      Delete
    6. That's a positive way to look at it from Anne's point of view. I don't believe I buy anything from the Brits, so I don't think it will affect me either way. I do hope it doesn't cut your pay though, Dezzy!

      Delete
    7. it can't cut my pay, but it can make the prices go higher if crises strikes Europe... as if the prices aren't crazily high here already....

      Delete
  5. Oooh dahlink, Colin is everywhere it seems. Everywhere except in my bed that is. He could pop round when Gerard is out of town working :0)

    It is now dreadfully hot here and working out of doors would be dangerous. In a way it's okay as I need to start painting again.

    How is things with you dahlink?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Methinks it's been about ten years now that Colin has had the hottest of places in my little ticky ticker... he is ever so nom, I swear he is...

      What is you painting? It's been rainy and well bellow 20*C on Saturday and now it is again above 40*C... go figure... I did have to turn on my AC for the first time this weekend, and then on Sunday evening it was stormy again and barely 16*C at night so I had to take out my duvet again.... it is as if Devil and God are fighting up there

      Delete
    2. I've three figures on the table right now and one is a sexy barbarian. He will take some time to do as there is so much bare, musculature flesh. I'll have them up in a few weeks.

      We've not gotten quite as high as 40*C, but are consistently running around 35-38. Me is whining as it's too hot to be out all day in it.

      Yes, the Debil and God is fighting. The Debil is winning methinks.

      Delete
    3. Hope he is not too little!

      Maybe we need to switch sides and join the Debil, deary, how hard would it be to grow a tail and some horns? It must be easier living that way...

      Delete
    4. We would be the cutest little devils :0)

      Delete
    5. I'm not wearing red latex, though!

      Delete
  6. Victoria could be so atmospheric, great looking photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon it will be leading series over in UK this Autumn

      Delete
  7. I'm happy whenever Colin gets work. This sounds like a good one. Go Colin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these period movies/series look interesting to me. Definitely interested in book!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.